Job Reference ID
General Job Description
Our client is the Australian subsidiary of a UK parented, privately owned developer, constructor and asset manager of large-scale wind, solar and battery storage infrastructure with global revenues exceeding A$1bn and operations in 9 core territories.
This dynamic role will work within the company’s Development Team, with responsibility for supporting a sizeable team of experienced professionals in the development of new wind and solar energy projects across Australia.
This newly created role, will be responsible for strategizing, initiating and leading on a range of community and stakeholder engagement tools, techniques and activities.
We’re looking for someone who is an exceptional communicator with a strong ability to develop and maintain meaningful relationships with key internal and external stakeholders and run effective consultation processes and contribute to a successful team along with achieving set goals in a fast-paced environment. This role can be based either in our client's offices in Sydney, or from regional NSW or Southern QLD.
Responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with Development Project Managers to identify strategies and best practice community consultation approaches to build social licence for both wind and solar projects
- Building and maintaining positive and productive relationships with internal and external stakeholders to support effective delivery of renewable energy development projects.
- Working to identify and deliver sponsorship opportunities and community benefits in the development phase of projects
- Management of internal procedures to ensure community engagement is a well-managed and essential part of the project development processes
- Management of development project websites, photo libraries and all forms of communications media and resources with responsibility for keeping information current and relevant
- Attending community events near project locations (where feasible) to develop community connections and foster a sense of long-term community commitment.
- Managing logistics for key external stakeholder engagement activities such as community consultation events, surveys, local communications, sponsorships and local media events.
- Demonstrated experience in communications and/or stakeholder engagement in Renewable Energy or large-scale infrastructure projects
- Demonstrated ability to plan, manage and coordinate project events including community engagement, visits and media
- Strong project management skills with ability to adapt with ease to rapidly changing work priorities and deliver results across several projects
- Strong interpersonal, listening, networking, and influencing skills that enable building and maintaining productive relationships
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, business, public relations, or relevant field
- Travel throughout regional NSW, QLD and VIC is expected as the role requires
In return, you will have the opportunity to work with some of the most well-regarded Development professionals across the Renewable Energy sector, and truly make a positive impact in facilitating the increase of solar and wind Utility projects across Australia. For more information or a confidential discussion – please call Liz Floyd on 0450 692 866
- Newly created role for an experienced Community Engagement Manager with a passion for Renewable Energy
- Experience in Community Engagement with Renewables or large-scale Infrastructure required
- Supporting role for utility scale solar and wind farm development
Full Job Description
Exciting opportunity with a long-standing, successful solar & wind developer for an experienced Community Engagement Professional!