– Execute testing work at client sites across North America
– Follow test procedures and safety guidelines
– Work with other team members on project sites as well as client representatives
– Use test devices and tools used to adjust, calibrate, and repair equipment; including, IV Curve tracer, EL test equipment, clamp-on meters, Insulation Resistance Test, Infrared camera
• B.S. in engineering or physics or equivalent (4-year engineering/science degree) or 2 years field
experience in PV
• Basic understanding of the components and operation of PV modules
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal); diligent record-keeping.
• Experience testing PV modules or cells preferred.
• Ability to work outdoors in harsh conditions including but not limited to desert areas, winter
conditions, occasional nighttime work, long hours standing, climbing stairs and ladders.
• Ability to wear personal protective equipment is required (including but not limited to; steel toed
shoes, gloves, safety glasses, hearing protection, protective jacket or apron and arm guards).
• Ability to lift and move PV modules (weight ~50lb) with a partner may be required.
The PV Field Testing technician will be responsible for executing Engineering Eervices’ module testing
project including electroluminescence (EL) imaging, I-V curve tracing and visual inspection. The candidate
may also participate in inspections and/or testing of other PV components and PV systems. Candidate will
be responsible for executing work within all technical, commercial, safety regulatory, and environmental
requirements to meet or exceed client’s expectations. The candidate should also be able to troubleshoot
issues that may arise during testing, resolve conflicts, communicate effectively virtually with other
members of the team, be comfortable working in a small group environment.
Travel up to 80%