· Conduct or acquire background checks and employee eligibility verifications
· Implement new hire orientation and employee recognition programs
· Perform routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development
· Handle employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff
· Attend and participate in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations
· Maintain compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance
· Maintain knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
· Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
· Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
· Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organization’s HRIS and talent management systems.
· Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required
· At least one year of human resource management experience preferred
· SHRM-CP a plus
This one person department, with shared assistance from a support person, will run the daily functions of the Human Resource department including hiring and interviewing staff, administering pay, benefits, and leave, and enforcing company policies and practices.