Job Reference ID
General Job Description
Our client is a fast-growing project development and EPC company based in Melbourne. With recent success in selling a project portfolio over 200 MW of solar systems, and the successful commissioning of 12 sites at full generation capacities, they are now getting busy with the construction of the projects while working on a further long-term pipeline of over 300MW solar and battery storage projects. They are now seeking for an experienced professional who has a passion for technical excellence and who enjoys the challenge of developing Energy Management and Control System for BESS projects will be the person we are looking for.
We are looking for an experienced Energy Management System Engineer—with at least 5 years’ experience in MW+ scale Battery Project related role. We need someone with a strong SCADA system knowledge background and hands on experience on commissioning BMS (battery management system) and EMS (energy management system).
Reporting to the Principal Engineer, key responsibilities include:
- Develop bespoke EMS architecture and communication topology for the specific BESS projects.
- Lead R&D team to overcome technical challenges during product development.
- Evaluate hardware product selection for the EMS system.
- Lead EMS functional testing and interface testing with Battery BMS, PCS, Weather Station, NSP and Trading system.
- Keep refining and improving the EMS and relevant products.
- Collaborate with R&D and testing team, to ensure effective communication and results.
- Overseas travel may be required at different stages during the product development.
- Tertiary qualification in Engineering related discipline (Electrical Control System engineering background is preferable).
- Minimum three years’ experience as an engineer in utility Solar/BESS industry experience.
- Ability to work collaboratively with stakeholders, client, and supplier representatives.
- High levels of motivation, integrity, and accountability.
- Extraordinary skills in problem solving and innovation.
- Great leadership and influencing aptitude.
- Strong product development knowledge.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills. Excellent writing skills is a must.
- Mandarin speaking skill is a bonus and preferred.
- Highly supportive, team-orientated organisation
- Competitive remuneration with on-going training and support
- A long-term career opportunity with young and energetic company.
Interested? Apply now or contact Aurelie Hervet (0402 374 962 / email@example.com) for a confidential conversation.
- Working on MW scale solar farms and battery hybrid projects
- Based in Melbourne
- Opportunity to get involved in the full-spectrum of development – EPC
Full Job Description
Join a team of passionate, driven by innovation and technical excellence, to develop Energy Management and Control Systems for BESS projects.