· Tendering, structuring, negotiation and execution of long-term PPAs for our solar PV projects, including coordination with senior debt financing and EPC contracting processes
· Assessment of the risk profile of given PPA structures and risk comparison between design options
· Maintaining a network of traders, utilities and industrial offtakers as a basis for competitive PPA tendering and market sounding
· Research on market developments and a detailed understanding of any changes in regulatory or trading rules relating to renewable energy commercialization
· Where applicable, structuring and implementation of alternative offtake solutions (e.g., tariff auctions, partial or full merchant exposure, on-site PPAs)
· Master's degree, preferably in Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, Business, or similar
· Work experience of at least three years with PPAs, contract negotiations and risk assessment in the renewable energy sector
· Strong analytical toolset for risk and related commercial evaluation
· Comprehensive knowledge of core design choices and quality criteria for excellent PPAs
· Confidence in thorough contract work, including review and negotiation
· Positive and energetic attitude
· Passion for the renewable energy transition
· Fluency in English, other European languages are appreciated
We offer a highly flexible work environment, an office located in the heart of Munich (but this role can be based anywhere in Germany – or other European locations if you are willing to travel), a highly motivated and qualified team with experience from working for internationally active project developers, top-tier consultancies, investment banks and similar. We have flat hierarchies, open and direct communication, providing maximum impact of your work and future growth opportunities/ your personal development path.
Our client is one of the biggest operators of renewable energy portfolios in Europe. They develop, build, own and operate several hundred MW (with a huge pipeline to be executed). With close to 200 people spread across Europe, the group of companies is experienced in developing solar power projects across Germany, Spain, Italy, Poland, and the Baltic region.
Thanks to their strong growth and the need to set up proper HR structures they are now looking for an ambitious and experienced Global Head of PPAs. As part of the senior management team, you will investigate and deliver overall purchase power agreements across Europe for the several projects (develop-build-own-operate) already in operation, under construction and development.