Job Reference ID
General Job Description
Our client is a fast-growing Battery Energy Storage System (BESS) innovation company that designs and commercialises turnkey power systems solutions for Commercial, Industrial and Utility scale project.
They have been successfully supporting customers in the Commercial & Industrial market since inception and are looking to expand their portfolio of projects in the Utility Scale market, mainly focusing on small utility scale projects (sub 5MW)
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Head of Engineering will play a pivotal part in growing and nurturing their Melbourne- based team of Engineers, Draftspersons and Software Engineers. The role will involve people leadership, planning, delivery, process building whilst working with a broad range of stakeholders from Product, Design, Operations and other business units.
- Maintain and Implement Engineering/Design systems congruent to the requirements of ISO9001
- Coordinate and assign staff responsibilities so that professional records are maintained according to ISO9001
- Using previously acquired knowledge, steer the engineering team for new product developments to align with product specifications and minimise errors
- Ensure quality of drawings are to Australian Standards and check for errors and correct Engineering principles.
- Drive an Accountable for Results Culture, along with an Inclusive Climate that enables the local team to excel in delivering Customer Value
- Align Product/Technology strategy and provide Product leadership where appropriate
- Coach, mentor and develop Leaders (include Succession Planning)
- Deliver on all commitments (time, cost & quality) by developing the best Leadership and Structure
- Actively champion good collaborative relationship with internal and external customers, gather & respond to customer feedback, guide the organisation's focus towards meeting customers' technology, product, service and business needs
- Work with the marketing team to develop product bulletins, announcements, and case study materials for our solutions
- Be available to attend meeting’s, conferences & technical presentations to customers local & overseas
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor/Diploma in Mechatronics, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering (Power)
- Minimum 10 years' relevant experience
- Strong IT skills with knowledge of Energy Management Systems (EMS) highly desirable
- Project sales experience with the ability to interface with a variety of stakeholders such as clients, peers, management, and suppliers
- Strong commercial skills and knowledge of Energy markets would be beneficial
- Hands-on manufacturing experience would be highly regarded
- Exposure to quality systems and development of same is critical
Apply NOW or contact ilan for more information – email@example.com
- Competitive Salary On Offer
- Open to Full Remote
- Highly successful ESS specialised company looking to expand
Full Job Description
Opportunity to grow within a ESS focused technology business with future career progression opportunities as our business continues to expand nationally and internationally.