Job Reference ID
General Job Description
Our client is a leading international solar and BESS manufacturer, with a world class team of professionals providing innovative solutions and products for the whole spectrum of the industry. With recent significant growth in sales in both residential, C&I and utility sectors, they are looking to expand the Australia Service Team to keep up with the business growth.
Field Commissioning Engineer is responsible for management of commissioning and maintenance work on solar & ESS systems to ensure successful completion and handover of projects. To be successful in this role, you are a proactive, reliable and resilient engineering professional who has a passion for finding solutions. This role needs to coordinate with teams to efficiently deliver service solutions (utility projects) by on-site service for commissioning and troubleshooting, support sales team to prepare service proposals for utility-scale projects, as well as conduct ad-hoc projects. Moreover, this job requires for 40% Plus inter-state travel. This is a full-time role based in North Sydney.
- Provides initial commissioning plans, as well as coordinates commissioning activities (including site acceptance tests) and R2 testing for successful delivery.
- Conduct field services with team and service partners in pre-commissioning, commissioning, maintenance work, fault diagnosis and repairs.
- Perform basic O&M by monitoring systems remotely and basic warranty work.
- Prepare service proposals for utility-scale project tenders including O&M plans and review service contracts including availability guarantee.
- Conduct services for complex technical problems and coordinate with internal teams (technical and R&D team) to efficiently deliver high quality solutions to customers’ issues.
- Keep a good record of the spare parts/unit inventory, usage, and service expenses.
- Continuously develop knowledge of all relevant products and services.
- Communicate with the management, sales team, and customers to support the business development and complete jobs in a timely manner.
- Provide training to the customers and service partners and ensure the personnel having the competency to operate the products correctly.
Skills and experiences required:
- Electrical Engineering, Renewable Engineering and or similar background
- A minimum of 1-3 years of experience in a similar position with relevant experience
- Utility project commissioning including R2 testing experience preferred
- Excellent communications skills (Written and Verbal) in English and fluent (Verbal) in Mandarin (preferred)
- Flexibility to work extended hours and travel at short notice from time to time
- Ability to effectively communicate with owners, team members, field team and subcontractors
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong organisation and time management skills
- Hard-working and fast-growing team with offices based in North Sydney
- Opportunity to work on exciting C&I and utility scale solar and BESS projects
- Need a flexible, agile and hands-on Engineer with strong communication in both English and Mandarin (Ideally)
Full Job Description
Field Engineer role to commission and maintain operations of C&I and utility scale solar and BESS systems and provide project support.