Job Reference ID
General Job Description
Our client is a leading multi-national Independent Power Producer, with a world class team of professionals with an exceptional track record of Developing and delivering utility scale generation and storage assets. They have already supported the development & Construction of over 800MW of onshore renewable generation, and have over 1GW in advanced stages of Development
As a result of this strong current pipeline and continued exponential growth, our client is looking for a Grid Connection Manager to drive the projects network connection applications from initial enquiry through to full commercial operation. This includes functions from concept design to grid connection applications to attain Grid Connection and to support Grid Compliance during commissioning. You will also be required to engage in regulatory and industry forums to ensure our client remains current on the rapidly changing status of the NEM, NSP connection requirements and potential opportunities.
The successful candidate must understand the various engineering issues related to the grid connection process from development to commissioning of large-scale renewable generation. The key responsibilities of this role include:
- Support power system studies to define the Generator Performance Standards and grid connection requirements.
- Management of grid connection deliverables and scoping of tasks required to be conducted by consultants
- Review of grid connection deliverables submitted by others such as power system study consultants required to be submitted in a timely manner.
- Providing technical assistance during project development, including development of balance of plant tenders and requirements to ensure the factors influenced by the grid connection are considered
- maintaining relationships with NSP’s and OEM’s to drive performance and ensure they deliver their services to company standards.
- supporting during both the Construction and operation and maintenance phases of the plants by providing grid expertise to the Project/construction and Asset Managers
- You will have strong understanding of the generator connection process in the National Electricity Market
- Strong Working knowledge of the current NEM network status, potential constraints, upgrades, and connection opportunities
- Electrical Engineering Degree (Bachelor or Master)
- Experience in dealing with AEMO, the Network Service Providers and grid modelling consultants required to progress projects through GPS and connection negotiations
- Solid understanding of how congestion, network losses and system strength are managed in the NEM including MLF calculation methodology and factors that can impact the long term MLF
- Working knowledge of AEMO GPS Standards and National Electricity Rules
- Knowledge of secondary systems including SCADA in substations
- Ability to read, interpret and create electrical drawings
- Experience in engaging with and evaluating equipment vendors and service providers such as EPC contractors and Engineering Design Consultancies
- Experience in commissioning generating assets including R0, R1 and R2 submissions.
As one of the leading green infrastructure investment, development, project delivery, portfolio asset management businesses globally, our client has huge growth plans, strongly backed by a healthy capital base. Its track record, expertise and capability make it a global leader in clean energy investment, and you have the opportunity to play a critical part of their Australian business growth.
If this opportunity sounds of interest, we would be delighted to discuss the role and organisation in meaningful detail with you. Please contact Liz Floyd for a confidential discussion on 0450 692 866
- 1GW of wind developments in advanced stages of development
- Leading role in taking projects to financial close & beyond into construction & operation
- Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane base
Full Job Description
Are you an experienced Grid Connection manager looking to escalate your career with a true market leader?