Business Development Manager – Networks and Energy Retailers
● Location flexible – Sydney, Newcastle, Melbourne preferred
● Work with a leading Digital Energy Technology company
● Amazing team culture and flexible work arrangements
The Company is a digital energy technology company providing electricity utilities, commercial facility managers and equipment manufacturers with the software and capabilities to improve the way they integrate and management renewable energy, battery storage and demand management. The Company’s platform enables improved energy management, virtual power plants, and microgrids for utility and beyond-the-meter assets. Commencing substantive operations in 2015, it is now a leader in Australia with early activities into Europe and North America and is a globally recognized innovator in the renewable energy and clean technology sector. The two positions will help drive growth in Australia and overseas.
The Business Development Manager (Energy Retailers) plays a pivotal role representing the company to one its main key segment – Energy Retailers. They apply effective consultative sales skills to develop opportunities through the entire deal lifecycle, from prospecting and originating to developing, influencing, negotiating and closing. The Business Development Manager (Energy Retailers) focuses predominantly on the Energy Retailers market. Due to the rapid expansion of the company’s operations, it is expected that the BDM (Energy Retailers) will occasionally support opportunities in other target segments and geographies, as required by the BD & Sales Manager in line with the company’s strategy and build market position by locating, developing, defining, and closing business relationships.
Your main job responsibilities will be:
● Discover, develop, and secure business growth opportunities for the company by identifying, qualifying, developing, defining, negotiating, and closing deals.
● Identify industry trends and customer needs, building a short/medium/long-term sales pipeline in target segment/account
● Generate new leads, identify, and contact decision-makers, screen potential business opportunities, select the deals in line with strategies, and lead and facilitate pitch logistics
● Screen potential business deals by understanding customer needs, problems & goals, strategic alignment, deal requirements and options, internal priorities, impact on operations, and financials.
● Close business deals by understanding the customer problem, coordinating a solution, and developing the required proposals, agreements and SDLP deliverables
● Manage proposal response process, including schedules and any deliverable required for submission.
● Manage existing contracts and integrate contract requirements with business operations, ensuring proper handover to execution and that price agreements are enforced.
● Diligently maintain deals in the company CRM and participate in regular BD & Sales rituals
● Provide regular reporting on pipeline and account performance
● Provide regular market intelligence and key account updates
● Develop and implement effective segment & account plans, contributing to the overall Business Growth Plan
● Proactively drive the identification, escalation, mitigation, communication and control of risks
● Utilise, maintain, expand and improve the BD and Sales knowledge base (e.g. Confluence, Sales Collateral, Process & Tools)
● Inform and work closely with Product Managers & Solution Architects to capture, prioritise and integrate customer requirements into the product roadmap.
● Carry out forecasts and analysis and present your findings to management as required
Maintain relationships with existing clients and identify new opportunities in given accounts
To be successful in this role, you would have:
● Engineering background
● 10 years + experience in DB to networks, retails.
● Experience with Energy software, SaaS and or solution selling.
● High level of personal resilience, persistence, self-motivation and self-drive
● Ability to drive and close deals in complex procurement environments
● Must be customer focused, team oriented, accountable and results driven
● Ability and willingness to adapt, quickly learn and put to use new skills and knowledge brought about by rapidly changing structure, process, information and/or technology
● Excellent relationship building, problem solving, negotiation and leadership skills
● Experience with Energy software, SaaS and/or solution selling is a must have.
● AU networks, LV or MV background, primary or secondary distribution (transmission less desirable), ADMS, DERMS, network automation, future networks, metering/PQ background
● Retailer/Market knowledge/background is a strong plus.
● Knowledge and experience in international markets (preferably USA, LATAM and Europe in addition to experience with AU) is a strong plus.
● International network in target segment is a strong plus
Anavo group welcomes, values and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres islander people, women, the LGBTI+ community, mature workers, people with different cultural backgrounds and disabilities
How to apply:
Apply now through the apply button or get in touch with Shivang Saxena(Shivang@anavo.com) for a confidential discussion.
^^You Must have full Australian Working Rights
Excellent opportunity to work for a Digital Energy Technology Company