Job Reference ID
General Job Description
Our client is a leading international company with a world class team of professionals providing innovative solutions and products for the renewables industry. Following their successful growth in product sales world widely, they have recently expanded their business into project development and investment in the small-scale solar farm market in Australia.
They are currently managing a portfolio of over 100MW capacity and demonstrating a strong market commitment with an ambitious project pipeline for the longer term.
The role and responsibilities
With a fast expansion of their business, our client is searching for an experienced and strategic Investment and Financing Manager to join their team in Melbourne. Reporting back to the HQ Investment & Finance team, and working closely with locally based BDM, The Project Finance Manager will have responsibility for M&A transactions, capital raises, and project and corporate-level financial modelling with the following key duties:
- Project Financial Modelling: The position will have overall responsibility for project financial modelling for the transactions.
- Tax Knowledge: The person will be expected to have strong command over tax knowledge to support deal structuring and guide complex projects modelling.
- Project Financial Structuring: The position will develop project financing structures that allow the company to most efficiently finance projects.
- Project Transaction Execution: Lead the origination, negotiation, and closing of project SPV transactions, including term sheet development and negotiation and managing diligence processes, contract execution & shares transfer.
- Business Development: Support the BD team in evaluating finance-able deals and in developing competitive pricing based on the optimization of capital sources and lead off-taker/ buyer sourcing to secure the success of project development.
- Demonstrate financial & tax acumen.
- Experience in developing and building complex investment models using Microsoft Excel.
- 3-5 Years’ Experience in Project Finance in IB, PE, or project/asset M&A transactions in the renewable energy industry.
- Experience in drafting, reviewing, negotiating, and closing complex commercial agreements.
- Undergraduate degree required with a focus in Finance.
- Demonstrated teamwork skills; ability to work collaboratively with others to achieve objectives.
- Can-do attitude: ability to set and meet realistic deadlines.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both English and Mandarin.
- Owner’s side Project Finance Manager to work on utility solar farm projects
- Managing financial modeling, M&A transaction, and capital raising
- Min. 3 years of project finance experience in power sector, Mandarin speaking preferred
Full Job Description
Owner’s side Project Finance Manager to look after utility scale solar farm with total portfolio over 100MW.