Job Reference ID
General Job Description
As a Senior Proposal Engineer, you will focus on these responsibilities:
- Work closely with the Area Sales team to help identify and engage with key customers/accounts within the area, and support and maintain relationships relative to Energy Storage.
- Manage RFP response process including determining bidding strategy and partner selection and working together with such partners to submit winning responses and drafting the actual proposal.
- Lead proposal creation for energy storage and hybrid projects.
- Write proposal content to specific customer requirements and unique value points for the integrated solution.
- Create Design and create high-level as well as detailed system design drawings, layouts, schematics.
- Specify appropriate system components, calculate component ratings and quantities, and create detailed bills-of material for material and labour cost estimates.
- Interface with vendors to understand the form, fit, and function of their products and services, and determine which products are best suited for an application or project.
- Utilize value concepts and tools defining the right value solutions for each individual customer.
- Help further development of Sales Tools for energy storage and hybrids.
To be successful in this role, we expect you to have:
- BS/MS/PhD in Electrical Engineering / Power Engineering, or equivalent work experience.
- Experience with the energy storage and renewable energy markets, projects, and products (bi-directional inverters, various battery chemistries, PV, wind turbines, flywheels, etc.)
- Strong understanding of utility generation project development process.
- Experience with industrial control methods and SCADA systems is considered a benefit.
- Able to read and understand system schematics, single-line drawings, and layout drawings.
- Strong written and oral skills. Must be proven and competent English writer, able to create gramatically correct and properly structured English proposal documents, as well as being able to present technical solutions and products in a consistent manner to customer.
- Competent with ACAD or equivalent drafting tools.
- Understanding of CE, UL, IEEE, IEC, and NEC standards as applicable to local region.
- Knowledgeable in utility systems and interconnection requirements for electric generators.
- Passion for innovation, ability to adapt to fasting changing market demands, working independently and as a team member.
- Willingness to take ownership and produce results.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail, multi-tasking, and strong work ethic.
- Energetic and enthusiastic approach.
- Ability to travel as required (10-20% of time).
- Existing relationships with regional EPCs, Developers, or IPPs are an advantage.
You will be part of a global organization with local presence and work in an exciting and dynamic working environment with highly challenging work tasks, as well as personal and professional development in a great team.
- We are looking for a Senior Proposal Engineer to join our client’s dynamic, fast-paced Energy Storage team.
- Located in the UK.
- Experience with the energy storage and renewable energy markets.
Full Job Description
As a Senior Proposal Engineer, you will be the subject matter expert for Energy Storage in the Africa and European Union (EU) regions, including expertise in the technical design of systems and identification of business models that support the economic case to deploy storage.