Our client is an Australian-owned and operated service provider for the Renewable Energy. Our client is specialised in the utility-scale PV solar and battery energy storage systems, with high expertise in engineering, procurement, construction and operation of large-scale projects.
The role is responsible for contributing to the design, engineering, construction and commissioning of utility solar and BESS systems. Also, contributes to the development of project reports, proposals, and presentations.
• Supervise project implementation in collaboration with the Project Manager during planning and construction to assure quality and execution according to schedule.
• Provide support to business development efforts in interfacing with customers.
• Develop and review energy production simulation models, supervise project schedules, cost estimation, bill of materials, budgets, scopes of work, standards, and quotes from suppliers;
• Create, deliver, and maintain drawing packages, specifications for suppliers and sub-contractors, and technical project documentation.
• Lead engineering team to design the grid interconnection concepts (and ideally executive plan sets) for the PV plant, including substation for HV grid interconnection.
• Coordinate external resources such as structural, civil, and electrical engineer consultants, geotechnical and topographic surveyors, and other specialized professionals as needed in the design and commissioning of photovoltaic and BESS systems.
• Develop a commissioning plan and coordinate with the grid modelling team, NSP, and AEMO to approve and execute the commissioning activities.
• Provide recommendations for continuous improvements in project designs, plans, processes, and product development.
• Highly effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Resilience and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
• A degree in PV or Electrical Engineering
• At least five years’ experience as an engineer in the C&I or Utility solar industry
• At least two years of relevant work experience in the design, construction and commissioning of PV or BESS power plants.
• Knowledge of the relevant technical codes and regulation
• Knowledge of HV, especially in the protection, control and commissioning perspective.
• Solar experience is an advantage but not essential.
• Strong leadership and management skills
The Senior Engineer position is centered around contributing to the design, engineering, construction, and commissioning of utility solar and BESS systems. Additionally, he plays a key role in developing project reports, proposals, and presentations.