Business Development Manager – Strategic Partnerships – SwitchDin
● Location flexible – Sydney, Newcastle, Melbourne preferred
● Work with one of the world’s leading Digital Energy Technology businesses
● Amazing team culture and flexible work arrangements
The Electricity sector is going through the biggest transformation the world has ever seen, and Australia is at the forefront of this transition in many aspects. There is a lot that has already happened in other parts of the world when it comes to distributed energy and energy storage that Australia can learn from, but there is a lot of innovation that is happening right here in our backyard.
One of those leading innovators is SwitchDin – a digital energy technology company providing electricity utilities, commercial facility managers and equipment manufacturers with the software and capabilities to improve the way they integrate and manage renewable energy, battery storage flexible loads and electric vehicles. Their platform enables improved energy management, virtual power plants, and microgrids for utility and behind-the-meter assets. Commencing substantive operations in 2015, SwitchDin are now a leader in Australia with early activities into Europe and North America and is a globally recognized innovator in the renewable energy and clean technology sector.
Following several years of tireless research, development and innovation, SwitchDin have found a solution to some of the most difficult challenges of the Energy Transition. They have created a hardware and software platform which securely communicates with and controls virtually any solar system, battery, EV , EV or load, delivering performance intelligence, insight and remote management capabilities.
With exponential growth and demand for their solutions across Australia and NZ, SwitchDin want you to bring your exceptional business development, sales and strategic partnerships skills. As a Business Development Manager – you will play a pivotal role in using your consultative sales skills to develop further opportunities through the entire deal lifecycle, from prospecting and originating to developing, influencing, negotiating and closing.
Your main job responsibilities will be what you would expect from a solution selling, often long-sales cycle relationship building role. This can include but will not be limited to:
● Responsible for developing strategic partnerships and partnership programs with OEMs and other channels such as EPC’s and consultants
● Building strategic relationships and partnership programs with vertical integration vendors which includes optimising cross disciplinary functions including sales, marketing, product, channel and training.
● Identifying industry trends and customer needs
● Screening potential business deals by thoroughly understanding customer needs, problems & goals
● Developing and implementing effective business plans, contributing to the overall Business Growth Plan
● Proactively driving the identification, escalation, mitigation, communication, and control of risks
● Informing and working closely with Internal Product Managers & Solution Architects to capture, prioritise and integrate customer requirements into the company’s product roadmap.
● Carrying out forecasts and analysis and present your findings to management as required
So what do I need to bring to this role?
SwitchDin are a bunch of smart people. Not only are they smart, but they have the humility to know that they don’t know it all, and therefor are all on a constant quest for learning & sharing their knowledge with colleagues & clients. Here are the essentials:
● An Engineering background or demonstrated technical understanding of the electricity markets across Australia
● At least 10 years’ experience in channel, sales enablement and/or strategic partnerships.
● You will have built relationships and had previous sales or channel management experience at the GM/C-Suite level
● It goes without saying, that you will bring a high level of personal resilience, persistence, self-motivation and self-drive
● It’s great if you have loads of contacts in the industry, but you must have the ability to drive and close deals in complex procurement environments
● If you are great at building relationships, solving problems, have effective negotiation and leadership skills – we want to hear from you!!
And how can working for SwitchDin benefit me & my career?
The team at SwitchDin have not only built a strong culture of true passion for the energy transition, innovation, thirst for problem solving, but they are a bunch of supportive & friendly people! Yes they have flexible working arrangements and a “digital nomad” policy where you can work from anywhere in Australia or NZ for up to 4 weeks, but they also “walk the talk” when it comes to Sustainability. Their values are aligned to their goal of fast tracking the transition to clean, renewable energy: Value ideas and collaboration; Persevere with grand purpose; Do the right thing by everyone & Be authentic.
If this type of dynamic, collaborative, passionate and ambitious workplace sounds like you – we’d love to hear from you!
Anavo group welcomes, values and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres islander people, women, the LGBTI+ community, mature workers, people with different cultural backgrounds and disabilities
Excellent opportunity to work with one of the world’s leading Digital Energy Technology businesses