About the Company
Our client is a global company headquartered in United States. They specialize in accelerating the transition to clean and sustainable energy sources. The company invests in and supports the development of renewable energy projects, such as wind and solar farms, working with experienced management teams to ensure these projects are successful and attractive to investors.
• 10+ years of experience in a development role with a renewable energy company or consulting firm focused on energy.
• Fully fluent in German and English (written and verbal)
• Proven track record of taking greenfield projects through key milestones up to construction; energy storage experience highly desired.
• Prior experience supporting new market expansion or other blank slate experience is highly desirable
• Prior experience working for an international business and knowledge of other European/German energy markets.
• Ability to work in different time zones.
• Intercultural awareness and proven cross-cultural working experience.
• Superior communication skills both verbal and written.
• Prior leadership experience.
• Currently located in Germany, with an ability to travel within Germany and abroad up to 30% of the time.
The Head of Germany will play a crucial role in the expansion into the European market, particularly in Germany, with a focus on battery energy storage systems. Reporting to the CEO initially, this role involves market analysis, site selection, project development, and JV partnerships. Responsibilities include identifying suitable areas for utility-scale BESS (Battery Energy Storage System) solutions, advancing project development, evaluating costs and operational capabilities, maintaining project plans and financial metrics, and fostering partnerships with investors and industry stakeholders.
The Head of Germany will also establish an office in Berlin, Germany, and the role’s priorities and responsibilities will evolve as the company grows.